Preventive Measures for Heart Attack-By Edterchelle Soriano
Heart Attack or medically known as Myocardial Infarction is a condition that is caused by low oxygen supply to the heart. The term “Myo” which means muscle and “Cardiac” for heart suffers from great deal of insufficient blood and oxygen supply from the coronary arteries.[relating to the heart (Greek kardia, ‘heart’)]
Eventually, this condition can be fatal because it causes death to a person who suffers from it. According to the World Health Organization, heart diseases such as Myocardial Infarction are one of the leading causes of mortality for adults and elderly. In line to this, several approaches were reinforced to various health sectors and departments across the globe. This is to prevent the occurrence of heart attack.
This article focuses on the preventive measures for heart attack.
Avoid eating foods which are high in cholesterol.
- Cholesterol is a substance that is commonly absorbed by the body. It goes along with the fats which are highly deposited in the adipose tissue. Normally, fats give us kilo-calories of energy but too much of it can cause irreversible damage to the body. The cholesterol keeps our blood thick and viscous. This will give the heart a hard time dealing with its pumping mechanism. Furthermore, the cholesterol can be accumulated in the micro vessels (small veins) which will obstruct the blood flow.
- Aerobic and non-aerobic exercises are ideal for us. This keeps our body to work and function normally. Our heart depends on what our lungs takes in. That is why our body should have pace of time for exercises because this will help keep our heart stay healthy.
- Eating foods which are high in fiber, low salt and low sugar can help prevent the occurrence of heart attack. Just like with cholesterol, salt and sugar can promote thickness of the blood. This will alter the blood circulation. At the same time, the salt contains sodium which keeps the water remain inside the body. Additionally, too much water in the body can cause intoxication and might harm the normal functioning of the heart. Another factor that is associated with healthy diet is obesity. Always remember that obesity predisposes everyone to suffer from heart attack.
- Smoking is another addictive activity. Cigarette contains nicotine which causes vasoconstriction (narrowing of the veins). This can create cushion and obstruction for the blood circulation. The nicotine can also initiate the formation of plaques which can be accumulated in the arteries. As these plaques stack in one place, it will obstruct the normal circulation of the blood.
Eating foods which are high in Omega 3
- Omega 3 is a substance that promotes the normal functioning of the blood. It is highly considered as one of the most useful oil. It is usually found in the sea products such as tuna and salmon.
- A person who do sleep more than 8 hours a day, fails to perform daily tasks, avoids exercises, eating foods which are high in cholesterol and sugar are high risk for having heart attack. To prevent this, one should modify their lifestyle gradually.
These preventive measures are classified as independent movement that helps everyone to stay fit and healthy. At the same time, it will minimize the risk for suffering from myocardial infarction. It is about time to move now and be one of the ambassador for healthy heart in your family – By Edterchelle Soriano