Natural Means on How to Treat Congestive Heart Failure-By Edterchelle Soriano
According to World Health Organization (WHO), over ten million individuals around the world suffer from Congestive Heart Failure (CHF). 50% of the total rate comes from U.S. The number of CHF cases has rapidly increased for the past 40 years. Based on clinical studies, men have more prevalence rate of suffering from CHF compare to women. In terms of races, the African-America people have 50% chance of getting the condition compare to Caucasians.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control reported that 20% of people with CHF die within a year, another 50% will die within the next 5 years and the quality of living is significantly poor despite of the management and treatment plan reinforcements.
There are two types of CHF. These are the left-sided CHF and right-sided CHF. The left-sided CHF originates at the left ventricle of the heart. Normally, the left ventricle pumps blood going to the heart and to the rest of the body. If the left ventricle is congested, there will be shortness of breath, coughing and fatigability.
The right-sided CHF originates at the right ventricle. Normally, the right ventricle pumps blood going to the lungs for oxygenation and returns back to the heart through the left atrium. If the right ventricle is congested, there will be water retention and the person with this type of CHF will experience edema at the lower extremities (ankles and legs).
There are several means on how to treat congestive heart failure. These include therapeutic treatment, medical or pharmaceutical interventions, surgical procedures and best of all natural approaches.
Below are the natural means on how to treat congestive heart failure:
- CHF is considered as a fatal condition because despite of religious pharmaceutical treatment, the symptoms remains the same. The initial phase in managing CHF is to cure the primary conditions brought by CHF. These include:
- Thyroid Gland problems
- Vascular problems
- Coronary artery anomalies
- Unstable blood pressure
- Heart arrhythmias (irregular heart rate)
Conventional therapy focuses on the eating pattern. It describes the specific food groups that are helpful for the heart. These natural supplements can also help improve the function of other vital parts of the body which are predisposed to organ failure.
- It is a natural approach for treating CHF through modification of lifestyle and availing of natural alternative remedies. Before initiating this treatment plan, the person with CHF should be aggressive enough to participate with the prescribed activities. They need to redirect their attention on taking care of self instead of continuing unhealthy vices.
- Optimal diet and weight loss can help prevent the complications. This can significantly reduce the workload of the heart.
- People with CHF should avoid drinking alcohol and restrict from taking foods with high concentration of salt (sodium). For worsening condition, limit the sodium intake for at least 2 grams in a day. They also need to limit their water intake for about 1.5 to 2 liters in a day.
- Clients with CHF are advised to induce their use of mono-unsaturated oils (omega-3 fatty acids) because it promotes normal functioning of the heart.
Natural supplements and methods are safe to use. It contains significant nutrients such as minerals and vitamins that provide bioenergy for the cardiac cells. The purpose of these treatment plans is to improve the production of energy for the heart. This approach can help alleviate the symptoms of CHF, as well – By Edterchelle Soriano.