Basics of Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)-By Edterchelle Soriano
Angina Pectoris is the medical condition that refers to chest pain. It is due to the insufficient amount of oxygen supply to the heart. The accumulated fatty plaques or blood clots that obstruct the coronary artery (artery that supplies blood to the heart) are the main reasons for the occurrence of this condition.
Below are the important facts of angina pectoris.
- The cause of Angina Pectoris is due to insufficient amount of oxygen to the cardiac muscle.
- Predisposing factors related to chest pain are activities (too much exertion), climate (extreme cold weather), eating pattern (heavy meals), and stress (emotional conflict and anxiety). Sometimes, chest pain can occur even the person is at rest.
- The quality of pain associated with angina pectoris is commonly described as squeezing, vise-like heavy, pressing and tightness of the chest. Other times, the person suffering from this condition complains of burning sensation at the chest area (heartburn).
- The locations of pain wherein people suffering from angina pectoris usually pinpoints the shoulder, arms, neck, lower jaw, and upper part of the abdomen which starts from the sub-sternal portion.
- The severity of pain usually starts from mild to moderate level. However, there are cases where people suffering from this condition often complain of severe tightness of chest.
- The clinical manifestations of angina pectoris are dyspnea (difficulty of breathing, nausea and vomiting, sweating and fatigability.
- The extent of pain usually lasts from 1-3 minutes up to 10 minutes.
- Angina pectoris is treated with nitroglycerin and it is relieved by resting.
There are various ways of relieving chest pain. These include self-care treatment or home remedies that are used by people for many centuries. Some of these home remedies are used to treat chest pain and other has beneficial effect for preventing heart diseases.
- Take this tea at least twice a day. It is used as part of the Western traditional treatment for chest pain.
- This condiment helps reduce the blood pressure. It also helps to prevent various forms of heart diseases including chest pain. Take this by frying the garlic without cooking oil.
Lemon with Honey
- Lemon contains Vitamin C and antioxidant which helps fight free radicals. It also helps and eliminates the accumulation of bad cholesterol. This can also promote proper blood circulation by decreasing the chance of plaque formation.
- Using warm water, squeeze the lemon and pour it in the glass. Add 1 teaspoon of honey. Mix it and drink the juice in the morning.
- This is very effective for relieving chest pain. This can also help reduce the cholesterol level. It also promotes proper blood circulation and function of the heart.
- Extracts from grapefruit improves the conduction mechanism of the heart. It also contains powerful antioxidants that helps fight free radicals.
- Basil leaves are chewable. It is taken to reduce the chance of developing heart diseases. It also helps promote proper oxygen and blood supply to the heart. It contains natural compound that can help maintain the normal level of cholesterol in the body.
Chest pain is not a simple health problem. It may be relieved by rest or nitroglycerin but if this occurs more frequently, it may lead to the development of cardiac tissue necrosis (dead tissue) causing myocardial infarction (heart attack) – By Edterchelle Soriano.